The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) encourages the drone community to participate in the third annual National Drone Safety Awareness Week from Sept. 13 – 19, 2021.
A key pillar of the FAA’s work to safely integrate drones into the National Airspace System, ensuring that drone pilots understand their responsibility to fly safely, and what that entails.
During this weeklong campaign, drone pilots and recreational flyers will talk about their passion and commitment to drone safety, and industry experts will share important drone safety educational topics. The event will also highlight new requirements and best practices for the drone community.
Each day of the week is dedicated to a specific educational theme:
- Monday: Safe Flyers Take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
- Tuesday: Register and Mark Your Drone
- Wednesday: Become a Part of a Flying Community
- Thursday: New Rules – Remote Identification and Operations Over People
- Friday: Public Safety & Public Acceptance
- Saturday and Sunday: Share the Skies – Get Out and Fly
Graphics and resources are available for you to participate in National Drone Safety Awareness Week:
- Check out the Guidebook (PDF) for ideas and inspiration.
- Download the National Drone Safety Awareness Week graphics and apply them to your event materials.
- Follow @FAADroneZone on Twitter and Facebook throughout the week.
- Tag your social media stories with #DroneWeek to let us know you’re participating in National Drone Safety Awareness Week.
- Give us your best shot: find out how you can participate in the Drone Safety Awarenes Week photo showcase.
- Share your planned events with the entire community using the Unmanned Safety Team’s National Drone Safety Week Voluntary Tracking Tool.
For additional information, visit faa.gov/go/DroneWeek.